Carlingford West Public School

Fulfilling potential, achieving excellence

Telephone02 9871 7187


We can help you with your enrolment enquiries anytime throughout the year.

Starting school
Your child can start Kindergarten at the beginning of the school year if he/she turns five on or before 31 July in that year. By law, all children must be enrolled in school by their sixth birthday.

Our school accepts all children from within our local zoned intake area (see link below). A non-local application can be made for students not living within the local zoned intake area. Because students start new work in their new class at the beginning of the school year, it would be an advantage for your child both socially and educationally, to start school as soon as possible in the new year.

Enrolment Process
You will need to bring the following original documents to the school office to receive an enrolment package:

  • Your child's original birth certificate.
  • If both parents are born overseas, proof of one parent's Australian citizenship (e.g. passport with visa if applicable or citizenship certificate) needs to be sighted.
  • Proof of student's address - Property ownership or tenancy documents in the name of the applicant’s parent eg. rates notice, tenancy agreement (must be current for time of enrolment commencement). 
  • Three utility account statements eg. water, electricity, telephone or gas bills. This must display the name and local address of the applicant’s parent.
  • Immunisation history statement based on the Australian Childhood Immunisation Register (ACIR).
  • Family law or other relevant court orders (if applicable).

It's very important that you advise the school if your child has any special circumstances, allergies, health or medical conditions, before your child starts school. 

Local Zoned Catchment Area
Our school accepts all children from within our local catchment area only. A non-local application can be made for students not living within the local zoned intake area.

​This link will take you to the NSW Public School Finder where you will be able to confirm if your address is within our catchment.